the Journey- Its a new day

 It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning, great is Thy Faithfulness. The Lord is my portion saith my soul, therefore I hope in Him. Lamentations 3:22-24

I grew up hearing, “God’s mercies are new everyday.” And believe me, as a kid with a rebellious heart that turned into an adult with the same heart, I needed all the help I could get. But seriously, as I grew in maturity and faith, this was a get out of jail free card became a thank you Jesus for your faithfulness because I need it.
Recently, in these scriptures, God showed me that He has given me a promise. I can go to Him and because of His compassion, He will bestow His mercy on me. And in His faithfulness, He will do it everyday! These new mercies for that day are portioned just for what I need that day. He knows that we need Him, that we are not perfect and that we live in a sinful world and that we need that new portion of Him everyday...talk about an awesome promise!
Everyday brings new challenges, new situations, new decisions, and it can bring new fears. I remember when I had my first baby, Jessica. Now that is a classic example of all things “new”! New mom, new baby and yes, new fears. All of the sudden I was fearful, not of having a new baby or being a new mom, but of something happening to me that would prevent me from taking care of this new blessing that God gave me. I work in health care and am in my car all the time. I developed an overwhelming fear of driving. The thought of being in an accident was so real that I was having mini panic attacks before work.
But with God! My 3 favorite words again. But with God, I found the peace and strength that I needed everyday to be able to leave that baby. The fear was trying to cripple me and make my mind crazy with “what ifs”. But now, I see that God gave me that mercy, that portion, that I needed on those days for that fear. What an awesome God He is?!?!
The old saying “His mercies are new everyday” is a living promise. We can take it and stand, declare, shout it out whatever else we need to those fears and circumstances that are a stumbling block for us. So my challenge for you, sisters, is to take that fear and speak the Word of God to it. Turn it into a hope in Him, our Faithful God. Give it over to Him. And, yes, sometimes you have to give it over to Him daily, even moment by moment and in its place accept His new portion of mercy, hope and peace.
Did that fear of leaving Jessica totally go away? Yes it did for a time but then it came back with Sam and then with Emily. And each time, I had to go to God and give that fear over to Him and accept my new portion because I stood on His word that His mercies are new everyday!
No photo description available.

Comments

Popular Posts