the Journey- My life verse

 Hi Sisters, Sandy here, and I will be bringing you the Thursday Devotional for the group. God has placed on my heart, “Being Fearless with a Faithful God”. I am so excited to be on this journey with you all and hope you will continue to walk with me Thursdays as God shows us more on how we can be Fearless with Him, our Faithful God.

MY LIFE VERSE
2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind (victory).
2 Tim 1:7 is my “life verse”. Have you ever heard those words before? Do you have a life verse? If so, I would love for you to put it in the comments and share it with us!!! If you haven’t heard that before, to me, a life verse is that one (you can have more and it may change, lol) verse in the Bible that you feel is for you. It's like God looked you in the eyes and spoke the words straight to your heart. It's the verse you use when you are in the valley or on the mountain top. If you don’t have one, I encourage you to spend time in the Word and in our father. He is faithful and will know exactly what you need to hear. He will look you in the eye and breathe His words right into your heart.
So why that verse for me? That was the verse that God gave to me, a 13 yr old moving to a new town and a new school, leaving my friends behind. As a 13 yr old, it was very scary leaving what was normal to go into something new. So here I am, the new kid, shaking in my Keds with my pegged jeans, turtleneck sweater and permed hair (hey, I was a product of the 80s/90s, lol), praying on the bus that somehow God would make me invisible to everyone, lol. Then I remembered this verse (not the exact word but the gist of it). I knew the spirit of fear did not come from him but one of peace. As I stepped off the bus, a peace took over, and I knew He was with me.
Fast forward to a 19-year-old, getting ready to interview in front of a panel of professors that were going to determine the fate of the rest of my life… or so it seemed at the time. As I sat in that waiting room, nerves shot and tears in my eyes, I was praying 2 Tim 1:7. By now I knew all the words, lol. I went into that interview with my father, and I was 1 of 25 in the class of ‘97 (150 applied for the program).
Those are just 2 early life examples, but they impacted me greatly as I matured. My whole life is filled with situations where fear has tried to overtake me. Where the enemy, the author of fear has tried to stop me in my tracks; tried to paralyze me with fear to make me half the wife, mother, woman that God has ordained me to be. The fear of situations, circumstances, people (the list goes on and on), is so real that it can debilitate you, your life and the work that God has for you in His kingdom.
But by God!!! Come on sisters, say it with me “But by God”. Those are 3 of the sweetest words. But by God and His love, His grace, His mercy and His faithfulness… He is the one that is so faithful in giving us the power, the love and the sound mind that overtake every fear we may have. His peace is so encompassing that it takes over all understanding. He is our victory over fear.
So, sisters, Stand on His word! Proclaim it to that fear you have right this minute! Wield His sword! And you tell the enemy, “You do not scare me, and I will not fear you any longer! For my God has given me the VICTORY! With my Faithful God, I can be fearless!
No photo description available.

Comments

Popular Posts