Monday Prayer Closet: The Goodness of God

To say that God is good means that God is always right, true, and good. "Goodness is part of God’s nature, and He cannot contradict His nature. Holiness and righteousness are part of God’s nature; He cannot do anything that is unholy or unrighteous. God is the standard of all that is good."

One of Satan's big lies is that God is responsible for everything that happens in the world – all the tragedy, heartache, pain and problems – everything wrong in the world. It's all smoke and mirrors to get us to doubt the goodness of God. And it allows Satan to fly under the radar, as a thief and the unseen cause of all the evil and destruction experienced by mankind.

John 10:10 “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly”

But just because it happens, doesn't make it God's will. And we can trust that He will bring good out of those bad things, because He is ultimately in control. Roman 8:28 “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose”

God loves to take the bad things that have happened to us in this fallen world and turn it around for our good. Not only does it demonstrate He is infinitely more powerful than Satan, but it proves that He is a good Father, and will come to our rescue when we cry out.



I love You, Lord
Oh, your mercy never failed me
All my days, I've been held in your hands
From the moment that i wake up
Until i lay my head
Oh, i will sing of the goodness of God
And all my life you have been faithful
And all my life you have been so, so good
With every breath that i am able
Oh, i will sing of the goodness of God
I love your voice
You have led me through the fire 
And in darkest night you are close like no other
I've known you as a Father
I've known you as a Friend
And i have lived in the goodness of God, yeah
And all my life you have been faithful, oh-oh-oh
And all my life you have been so, so good
With every breath that i am able
Oh, i will sing of the goodness of God, yeah
'Cause your goodness is running after, it's running after me
With my life laid down, i'm surrendered now
I give you everything


Comments

Popular Posts