the Journey- past, PRESENT, future

 Greeting sisters, Sandy here with Thursdays’ Devotional. We are doing part 2: Fear- past, PRESENT, future.

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth be removed and the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea. Though the waters will roar and be troubled, the mountains shake with the swelling there of. Psalm 46: 1-3
(I encourage you to read all of Ps 46)
Wow, the psalmist here gives us a great picture of doom and gloom. However, I feel that a lot of us know exactly what he was getting at… life just falling apart around us. I shared via video at our Sister Diva’s Rally this month, that I felt out of control with everything going on. Work has been crazy, kids and school has been crazy, church closing, business closing, people losing jobs, loved ones getting sick, this friend fighting online with that friend over politics (ok not going to touch that one, lol). Yep, we are definitely seeing mountains shaking in present times.
This is a prime time where fear and anxiety can and will over take us if we let it. But we have and can stand on God’s promises here in Ps 46. He wants you to know… I am your refuge, I am your strength, I am present in your life, I am here to help you in these present and troubling times. I am El-Shaddai, the All Sufficient One, the God of the Mountains, God Almighty.
How awesome is it that we don't have to live in and be bound in fear?!?! He is our All Sufficient One. Every never ending, overflowing power, ability and command is Him. I just want to jump up and shout “Yes! Take that the enemy of my soul! You got nothing on my Lord!”
So I encourage you, when fear tries to worm itself in and take hold, when you start to dread the new day and what it might bring, give it over to our Almighty God, our refuge and strength. It comes down to this… we don't have to go it alone today.
Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give your rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls for my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matthew 11: 27-28
What truth can you share, with your fellow sisters, of God that gives you courage in times of fear?
(to see any previous Diva Sister Devotionals, click on the tags at the bottom of the posts)
No photo description available.

Comments

Popular Posts