Monday Night Prayer Closet- Jesus our Protector and Defender

  Greeting Ladies, we are spending the month of April with Jesus as our focus. First week was Jesus our savior. Second week was Jesus our Comforter. Last week is Jesus our Provider. This week is Jesus our Protector and Defender.

Ps 91:1-2 Whoever goes to the Lord for safety, whoever remains under the protection of the Almighty, can say to him, “You are my defender and protector. You are my God; in you I trust.”

We live in a sin world. This is not the one that the creator created, but we have the promise that when everything is said and done, he is creating a new heaven and a new earth. In the meanwhile, he did not leave us defenseless. He is our refuge, shelter, hiding place, our shield, our fortress, etc. In him is our protection in this world. 

(Psalm 62:5-7) “I depend on God alone; I put my hope in him. He alone protects and saves me; he is my defender, and I shall never be defeated. My salvation and honor depend on God; he is my strong protector; he is my shelter” 

Every time we are under attack, criticized, put down, or misunderstood, we have two choices: We can defend ouselves and in our humaness we will want to, or we can let God defend us. Who do we think will do a better job?

Let's look to Jesus as our example: 1 Peter 2:23“When [Jesus] was insulted, he did not answer back with an insult; when he suffered, he did not threaten, but placed his hopes in God, the righteous Judge” We are most like Jesus when we say nothing when faced with attacks, lies, and unfair criticism. One of the hardest but most obedient actions we can take is remaining silent and leave it in God’s hands. 

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

This battle takes place in the heavenlies, so our place is in His protection, studying HIs word and on our knees in praying His Word and in fasting if that is what He calls for us. 

Lastly, Jehovah- Magen is the Lord my shield, my protector. Ps 3:3 Buy You O Lord are a shield around me, you are my glory, the one who holds my head high.   So, when the firey dart come our way, and they will because the enemy wants you destroyed, we have the Word of truth to calm us and instruct us. 

Sometimes, we try to westernize God all love and kindness, but we need to remember who our God is, He is the victorious conqueror, the mighty warrior, the commander of legions of angels!  Ps 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation— so why should I be afraid? The LORD is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?

There is no reason to fear, we have the victory. 2 Tim 1:7 For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind/victory.


Remember those walls that we called sin and shame?
They were like prisons that we couldn't escape
But He came, and He died, and He rose
Those walls are rubble now
Remember those giants we called death and grave?
They were like mountains that stood in our way
But He came, and He died, and He rose
Those giants are dead now
This is our God
This is who He is, He loves us
This is our God
This is what He does, He saves us
He bore the cross, beat the grave
Let Heaven and Earth proclaim
This is our God, King Jesus
Remember that fear that took our breath away?
Faith so weak that we could barely pray
But He heard every word, every whisper
Now those altars in the wilderness
Tell the story of His faithfulness
Never once did He fail, and He never will
Who pulled me out of that pit? He did, He did
Who paid for all of our sin? Nobody but Jesus
Who rescued me from that grave? Yahweh, Yahweh
Who gets the glory and praise? Nobody but Jesus
This is our God
This is who He is, He loves us
This is our God
This is what He does, He saves us
He bore the cross, beat the grave
Let Heaven and Earth proclaim
This is our God, King Jesus
He bore the cross, beat the grave
Let Heaven and Earth proclaim
This is our God, King Jesus

Comments

Popular Posts