Monday Prayer Closet- Jesus our Comforter

 Greeting Ladies, We are spending the month of April with Jesus as our focus. Last week was Jesus our savior. This week is Jesus our Comforter. There are many trials and situation where we need comfort.

Comfort in the Bible is a concept that involves encouragement, help, relief, cheer, exhortation, and the dispelling of grief by the impartation of strength. It is often associated with God's presence and promises to his people The cool thing is that the word for comfort in the Old Testament is naham, which means "to console.The word for comfort in the New Testament is parakaleo, which means "to call alongside of" or "to summon for assistance".

John 15:26 “But I will send you the Comforter—the Holy Spirit, the source of all truth. He will come to you from the Father and will tell you all about me. "Tell you all about me."... remind us  of what Jesus has done for us on the cross, remind us of what our true future in eternity is, remind us of the nature of Jesus and who he is to us His children. 

Jesus did not leave us alone to try to figure out this world, or when we are afraid, or lost anything job, marriage, home including grieving a loved one.  Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

He is the God of all comfort, 2 Corinthians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort. Here the word used is paraklesis which means encouragement or consolation given to someone who is suffering or in mourning. 

Which leads us to Matthew 5:4 Blessed are the ones who mourn, because they will be comforted. In Greek the meaning is... happy are the believers who grieve over their sin, present conditions, or are currently enduring difficult times because what they lost in this world will be restored in the new kingdom. 

Now as believers, we have a direct calling, or if you want, we can call it instructions given in the Word. Romans 12:15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. We care called as believers together to share in both joy and suffering of fellow believes. Why? Because we are members of one body in Christ. 1 Corinthians 12:26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it. When the church functions properly we chare joy and pain as if it were our own body. We need to be there for one another. If we aren't, we can trust the world and sin is just lurking around the corner. 





I Am
At the end of every rainbow
There's a promise proven true
No matter how you're feeling now or what you go through
There will be somebody lovin' you
Deeper than the grandest canyon
And higher than the open sky
Near enough to capture every whisper, every sigh
Strong enough to hold you when you cry
CHORUS
I Am. I was. I am the one who is to come. Yeah
Before and after, I'll still be what I am and what I was.
All that you need. All that you want.
I Am.
If you need someone to hold you
Because your world's fallin' apart
If you need a light to guide you safely through the dark
And chase away the nightmares of the heart
If you need someone to give you
A purpose for your broken past
And restore the reservoir of hope inside of you
And mercy for each morning that is new
CHORUS
I AM. And I was. I am the one who is to come. Yeah.
Before and after. I'll still be what I am and what I was.
I'll be all that you need and I'll be all that you want.
I'm telling you, I am, I'm the rose they crucified and buried
I am, now I'm risen from the dead.
I am, I'm the lion from the tribe of Judah
I am, I'm the lamb
I am. And I was. I am the one who is to come. Yeah
Before and after.
I'm still gonna still be what I am and what I was
I'm gonna be all that you need and I'll be all that you want.
I'm telling you I am. I am.
What you need, what you want, what you what you deeply deserve yeah
When you're lonely and you think that no-one really cares
Before Sarah and Moses, The father Abraham... I AM




Comments

Popular Posts