Monday Prayer Closet- You Chose the Scars

Greetings sister on this holy week. I pray as we get closer to resurrection Sunday, that we share our faith with a boldness that we didn't even know existed in us through the Holy Spirit. For this month of April, we are focusing on prayers of love, trust and guidance in Jesus Christ, the son of God. Jesus who came down from His place in Heaven to walk amongst man. Jeus who gave up for a time his divinity so that he could take our place and be our sacrifice on the cross. Jesus, who knows everything that we are going through because He lived it. Without the death and resurrection of Jesus, then we have nothing. He is our savior, comforter, provider, and protector.   

For this first week, especially it being holy week, leading up to Easter; we are focusing on Savior, the Messiah.  In John 14:6, he says, "I am the way, the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me."

1) We can only come to the father through the blood of Jesus meaning our salvation cannot come by works. We will not see eternity by trying to be a good person and do good things. We will only see the Father if we surrender our lives to Jesus. Romans 3:23, "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace.

2) He is the way. He built the bridge from our sinful life to eternity with God. The bridge is built by the cross, by his body broken in our place, by shedding his blood. 1Peter 1:18-19 "knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers, but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ." 

3) He is the truth. He is the guardrails on the bridge to keep your safe as your journey towards eternity. John 1:19 The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us.  Ps 119:105. Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. 

4) He is life. The power, the strength, the vehicle we need to travel the bridge. He is the only means of getting across the bridge. 2 Corth 12:9 And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Phillipians 4:13 I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.


A body beaten without cause
A crown of thorns instead of majesty
A punishment that was not Yours
With every strike
You could have spared Yourself

To be rejected and despised
To feel the wounds
And take the stripes for me
To hear the shouts of "Crucify"
With every cry
You could have saved Yourself

But You chose the scars
And wear my name upon Your palms
You chose the scars
And kept the marks
Of Your love

To show compassion for the lost
To give assurance to the doubting soul
To bring forgiveness through the cross
For every heart
Jesus you gave Yourself

No greater love than this
You died so I could live
Before the world began
My life was in Your hands

You chose the scars
And wear my name upon Your palms
You chose the scars
And kept the marks
Of Your love

Comments

Popular Posts